Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The woven double-knit rug

Here's the woven, double knit rug that I was talking about:

I wanna make this

As these F*... wait - lovely - socks continue at about an inch a year (and they're for Christmas?), I am very much longing for knitting in bulky weight wool. Also, I'm quite fond of the home accessories rather than clothing items ... the thought of the nice warm double-thick rug, the cozy cushion covers, and yes, the dreaded (because it would take too long) blanket - is just calling to me.

Next time I want to order/buy sock wool, for goodness sake, just slap me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I won't slap you, Cheryl...I will just demand that you hand it over to me immediately. :-p

April said...

Wow I love it!

Cheryl Fines said...

Ahh - better idea, Jen. Nobody gets hurt that way... it's win-win.

Now - my next knitting/yarn hurdle. I tend to like something & buy - um - small quantities of it. Like one or two balls. Usually, that's alright, there are zillions of projects that only take one or two balls. But every single time? Couldn't I for once buy several of something, in case someday I want to make something bigger than a mitten?