Tuesday, January 13, 2009

WTF?????

Pardonnez moi, but allow me to rant. Since I can't talk to you guys face to face since Craft Night seems to be on hold indefinitely I will have to speak up here.

You guys were my only social outlet for grown up girly talk. You were what was keeping my sanity through being trapped at home by myself with three kids most of the time.

Would it help if we started meeting at the church again? I know there are no snacks then, but at least no one has to clean house.

I don't want this to drift away into the ether like potluck night did. I want it to keep going somehow.

I need this.

2 comments:

Cheryl Fines said...

Well, speaking just for me, I did already contemplate the "what if"s ... like resuming at the church or at a coffee shop, etc.

My thing, however, isn't only the hosting - not at all. I just really am craving more flexibility in what I do with my one & only weekly Cheryl night.

Sometimes I would rather take the five hours to call several long-distance friends who I never talk with, or to go shopping, or to see a movie, or to have an extra Craig night, or to (god forbid) work out, or to go out for coffee, or to catch up on menial chores & extra things that I never find time for. Many of these things are solitary endeavours. And none of them are really compatible with craft night.

Maybe next fall the mood will re-strike. ???

Maybe you could re-create craft night with people who aren't tired of it. New blood. We haven't heard from Sarah - maybe she's still feeling like weekly get-togethers, so you two could meet, and could grow it to a larger group if you wish. I dunno.

I just know that for me, it's the right thing not to carry on right now.

Oh - and I was planning to talk about it last night, 'til I ended up feeling stressed & wanting to cancel etc., but in any case, we would not have all been there anyways.

Unknown said...

Well, this is going to sound totally pathetic and losery, but you guys are my circle of friends. When this goes away, as did the potluck nights, so did my circle of friends. I can't pull a new crafting group out of my ass.

(I am VERY upset about this and quite emotional and so, take my words with a grain of salt please. Again, I can't convey things properly in a blog post)

I realize how pathetic I sound, but I don't know how else to put this.